Celebrating Love

Today I am participating in another of  Kylie Bertucci's International Stampin' Up! blog highlights. The theme this month is Love so I decided to make a card that simply celebrates love of any kind and for any occasion. What better way to do that than with a heart?

 
The design for this card was simple - cover a heart with flowers from the Botanical Builder Framelits and whack it on a card! I started with a 12.5 cm square card in Kraft (my new favourite neutral cardstock colour), added a piece of Shine On DSP matted with Silver Foil sheet and raised it on Stampin' Dimensionals. 
 


I cut 3 of each flower and the leaf shape from Shimmery White cardstock as a start and started laying them on a heart cut out of Kraft that was raised with Stampin' Dimensionals on the card front. Placing the leaves and 3 large flowers first allowed me to balance the design.

 
Getting the cut shapes out of the framelits is made easy by using the Big Shot Die Brush. To give the flowers dimension I placed them on my Stampin' Pierce mat and pressed the end of the Paper-piercing tool into the middle as seen below. (A hand model I am not!)
 


I had so much fun creating this card but photographing it to capture all of the shine proved problematic. This close up shows the subtle sparkle of the Shimmery White cardstock. I also added a coat of Clear Wink of Stella to the flower middles. I love that it is subtle yet lifts the whole design. A combination of silver mini brads and rhinestones gives each flower definition.

 
Each flower is attached with glue dots. After attaching the larger flowers and leaves I filled in the spaces with the smaller flowers.


The inside of the card is very simple as you can see.


So there you have it - a card celebrating love. Make sure you pop over to Kylie's blog and vote for your favourites. You have 5 votes to use - maybe I will be one!


Product List
Big Shot
[113439]
$169.00
Glue Dots
[103683]
$9.00

Comments

  1. Oh Lou! Amazing!! I really love your card. Thank you for taking part in our international blog highlight and making it such a success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie. Thank you for organising this highlight. Very much appreciated.

      Delete
  2. Stunning card! Love the simplicity and basic colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing design, Lou! Great idea using Botanical Builders to create your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa. It was so easy to make.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous! Love that you used the Botanical Builders to make the heard. I would never have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah. It was super quick to make.

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful card Lou - these flower look amazing all in white against the kraft background and really use the Shine On cardstock to great effect.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.